Upgrade guide for FSA PowerBox power meters
All FSA PowerBox power meters are fully-fledged power meters and measure the total power output of both legs. The basic functions are:
- cadence (no additional external sensor needed)
The upgrades offer you the use of additional functions. For installing the upgrades, the power2max app is needed.
|PLEASE NOTE: THE power2max APP IS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID PHONES. IOS VERSION IS COMMING IN 2018.|
1. Activating your upgrades
- To order your Upgrades in the p2m Shop have the serial number of your FSA powerbox ready. You can find your serial number (S/N) directly on your powerbox or on its box.
- Within 72 hours you will get a confirmation of your order and a request for payment via PayPal or bank transfer.
- You pay your order.
- Within 24h you will receive an E-Mail which will inform you about the activation of your update.
- The Upgrades can now be installed on your power meter.
- Download and install the power2max App from Google Play or from here.
- Register your FSA powerbox in the power2max app or in the p2m portal. The registration works as a protection against theft and protects your power meter from unauthorized access.
- You can either register your powerbox with the key on the red label or use the p2m portal for registration. (check „2. Registration of your power meter without a key “)
- After your power meter is connected to your account, you can use all the functions of the app.
- In the app you can activate and manage your upgrades and all power meter functions. Therefore, you have to connect your phone to your power meter via Bluetooth. Make sure you have a working mobile or wi-fi connection. You can easily select and install your upgrades in the upgrade section.
2. Registration of your power meter without a key
If your FSA powerbox did not come with a registration key you can register your power meter in the p2m portal (https://apps.power2max.com/portal/).
- Take a picture of your power meter and make sure the serial number is visible.
- Upload the picture into the portal at „MANAGE POWER METERS“, enter the serial number of your power meter and click on “REQUEST REGISTRATION”.
- Our team will check your power meter and your serial number and register your power meter to your account.
Afterwards, you can use all functions of the p2m Service App and the p2m portal.